What a joy to be able to park the cars, and not to have to get into them again; from the front door of Padilly there is a footpath leading down to Porthilly Cove, a mere 300 yards away! This property will appeal to of the families with young children who would like to leave the car at home.
This lovely, bright and spacious self-catering holiday home in Rock, Cornwall, is quietly situated down a short, private lane, off the hustle and bustle of the lower quarter of the Rock Road; the village shops are not far away, and the Sailing Club, the ferry to Padstow and the water are even nearer!
The owners have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable and there is lots of space both outside and indoors, including a lovely roof terrace leading off the living spaces on the first floor with attractive views of the estuary.
At a glance
Three bedrooms, master with king-size bed and vanity basin; adjacent shower room with quadrant shower cubicle, power shower, sink, and loo; two further bedrooms, one with a pair of 3’ beds, the other with a pair of 2’6” beds; separate bathroom with bath, sink and loo. Downstairs, there's a utility room with small freezer, washing machine and tumble drier.
From the entrance hallway on this floor, there is a sunroom, with sofa bed for occasional use, chairs and coffee table, opening onto the garden, with outdoor shower and wetsuit drying rail.
Upstairs opens onto a large, sociable first floor, with well-equipped kitchen, dining area; separate sitting room with comfortable sofa and armchairs, windows on two sides look out across the estuary towards Padstow. A roof terrace, overlooking the garden below, with outside furniture, leads out to a private place to sit, the view framed by trees (the nearest visible neighbour is a fair way off as the adjoining houses face the other way).
- Parking for two cars immediately outside the property
- Outdoor shower and robust rail for drying wetsuits
- Separate utility
- Washing machine and tumble drier
- Small freezer
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Double fridge
- Ceramic hob and electric oven;
- Separate sitting room and additional sunroom
- TV and DVD player
- Enclosed garden
- Large roof terrace with estuarine views
- Porthilly Cove just 300 yards away
- Services to the property are included within the tariff phone is ‘on honesty’
- The tariff includes bedlinen and towels
- Beds are made up ahead of arrival
- A clean of the property ahead of arrival, and on departure, is included in the tariff.