Life's a beach when you stay at The Cottage. As close to the bay as a house can be, this stylish, contemporary property has been cleverly constructed to take full advantage of its location. The building itself is truly striking: large with fresh white walls and a beautiful symmetry.
The Cottage has generous open-plan social spaces. Plenty of natural daylight floods through, while sliding doors in the kitchen and lounge lead to the sun terrace. A feature log burner takes centre stage in the downstairs lounge, making it a great place to curl up on sofas for a cosy evening in. A second lounge on the first floor has doors out to the balcony. Here you can sit and enjoy evening drinks and stunning views while the sun goes down.
The spacious kitchen has everything you could need for home cooking and the large island provides bar seating for lazy breakfasts. On the ground floor you can also find a large wet room, tiled in beautiful grey slate, perfect for showering off the sand after a day at the beach and hanging your swimmers up to dry. The Cottage has fantastic eco-credentials, with under floor heating provided by a ground-source heat pump, supplemented by a wood burner on each floor.
The Cottage has four beautiful bedrooms, all lovingly named after sea birds. On the ground floor are the light and airy twin rooms Kittiwake and Sandpiper. Upstairs are the spacious double rooms of Shearwater and Puffin, both with large en-suites. From the upstairs bedroom you can enjoy views across the water and hear the sound of the waves lapping against the shore as you close your eyes and drift to sleep.
A vast terrace spans the front of the house and makes a popular setting for barbecues and drinks with a view. A large, soft lawn wraps around the property and is perfect for a spot of sunbathing or a picnic. A green hedge provides both shelter and privacy, and the garden is gated and enclosed, meaning little ones and four-legged friends can play safely. What's more, the beach is so close that it feels almost like an extension of your back garden.
You can park directly outside The Cottage. There is a raised doorway edge but no steps to the front door. This contemporary property is spread over two floors, with the ground floor housing the kitchen, dining area, lounge, bathroom, WC wet room and two twin bedrooms.
- Bedroom one has a super-king bed, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, armchair, estuary views and en-suite with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Bedroom two has a double bed, TV, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, armchair, estuary views and an en-suite with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Bedroom three has twin beds, a chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom four has twin beds, a chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe.
- Well-equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster and kettle.
- TV and DVD player.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, hand basin and WC.
- Downstairs WC.
- Large wet room.
- Under floor heating.
- Two wood burners.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Phone (on honesty).
- Gated and enclosed garden.
- Sun terrace.
- Outdoor furniture.
- Gas barbecue.
- Almost immediate access down to Daymer Bay beach.
- Parking for up to three cars, plus a pay and display car park nearby.