Designed with its amazing outlook in mind, Carn Mar enjoys a dreamy backdrop of sea and sand from almost every vantage point in the house. A spectacular choice for your holiday, it offers three floors of beachside luxury just moments from the wild surf of the north Cornish coast.
The interior radiates style with a calming colour palette and beautiful furnishings. Most striking is the breathtaking outline of an architect-designed staircase, which sweeps up to the top floor.
The living spaces at Carn Mar are as varied as they are sublime. From the high-spec kitchen with beautiful marble work tops to the welcoming lounge styled in whites, greys and dusky pinks, you’ll find everything you need for socialising or claiming your own space away from it all. A statement double glass-fronted log burner sits between the lounge and dining area, creating a warm atmosphere for cosy nights in. The beautiful wooden dining table made by Cornish designer Tom Raffield provides the perfect place for entertaining and creating holiday memories with friends and family.
The plush TV room has all the ingredients for a fun night in or for entertaining the children. A huge flat-screen TV with Sonos surround sound, coupled with a vast comfy sofa and sheepskin beanbag, forms a wonderfully private cinema experience. For more tranquil moments, head to the reading room where you can open up the doors to the balcony, recline on the coloured beanbags or watch the world go by through the powerful binoculars.
Carn Mar has six tranquil and spacious bedrooms, each softly carpeted and oozing coastal style. Almost all benefit from panoramic views, with the chance to open up curtains to the beach and fall asleep under the stars. The master bedroom is super king-sized with a Juliet balcony and sliding doors to let the sea air flow in. After a day among the sand and surf, come home and enjoy a luxurious bubble bath in the fabulously chunky freestanding bathtub.
Outside, a stylish slate patio wraps around the front of the property and leads to a softly manicured lawn. Here you can while away an afternoon in the sun or enjoy a spot of al fresco dining in an incredible setting. To the back of the house you’ll find the sheltered morning terrace - an oasis of calm on windier days. Here you can open up the doors to the kitchen and enjoying a relaxed holiday breakfast in the morning sun.
From the lawn you can follow the path down through beautifully planted flower beds to a circular seating area around a large fire pit. This perfectly sheltered spot is a magical place to enjoy evenings around the fire, toasting marshmallows and watching the sun go down over the water. The wooden gate at the bottom of the garden leads straight onto the South West Coast Path, making beach access a breeze. With some of the country's most spectacular coastal walks right on your doorstep, you won't be short of places to discover and explore.
Carn Mar is truly a one-in-a-million property, unparalleled in Polzeath and beyond. In this peaceful coastal refuge you can escape from everyday life and experience your own slice of Cornish heaven.
- Bedroom one (master) has a super king zip and link bed, a Juliet balcony, panoramic sea views, a built-in wardrobe, a dressing table, and an en-suite with a large freestanding bathtub and monsoon shower.
- Bedroom two has a king-sized bed, built-in wardrobe and en-suite with bidet and shower.
- Bedroom three has a king-sized bed, built-in wardrobe, panoramic sea views, doors opening out to the garden and an en-suite with a shower.
- Bedroom four has a king-sized bed, built-in wardrobe, panoramic sea views, doors opening out to the garden and an en-suite with a shower.
- Bedroom five has two sets of bunk beds (3ft wide), a built-in wardrobe, panoramic sea views and doors opening out to the garden.
- Bedroom six has a super king zip and link bed, a built-in wardrobe, dressing table, panoramic sea views, doors opening out to the garden and an en-suite with shower and bidet.
- High specification kitchen with a large island and bar seating. Neff induction hob, fan oven, grill/second oven and warming drawer, two dishwashers, double fridge with water dispenser, freezer, toaster, kettle and plenty of storage space.
- Spacious lounge with flat-screen TV, Blu-ray player and balcony access.
- Double sided, glass fronted wood burner (logs provided).
- Reading room with desk, comfy seating, panoramic sea views and balcony access.
- TV room with 65" flat-screen TV, Blu-ray player, PlayStation 4 and Sonos surround sound.
- Underfloor heating with separate controls for each room.
- Air source heat pump and mechanical heat recovery system.
- Family bathroom with bath and monsoon shower.
- Utility room with sink, Miele washing machine, dryer, second fridge-freezer, hanging space and separate WC.
- Cloakroom area.
- Phone (on honesty).
- Large landscaped garden.
- Sheltered terrace to the back.
- Gas barbecue.
- Outdoor furniture.
- Fire pit with built-in seating.
- Heated outdoor shower.
- Wetsuit hanging area.
- Lockable surfboard storage rack.
- Ample parking with undercover carport for two cars or boat.