Built in the late 17th century Mesmear Farmhouse is constructed of stone and slate and surrounded by lovely peaceful gardens. Start the morning with breakfast and coffee on the front patio, and finish the day with sundowners and a barbecue in the rear garden, enjoying the sunset over the fields and orchard while the children play on the built-in trampoline. At night, the hoots of owls mingle with the gentle sound of the surf.
The stone-flagged kitchen has a cosy Aga, a larder, and a large dining table for all the family. There are two sitting rooms, a hall and a children’s playroom. The main summer sitting room, or garden room, is contemporary, light and sunny, and just the room to unwind in after a day on the beach.
There are four bedrooms: a large master bedroom with a super-king bed and en-suite shower room, one twin room that can be converted into a super king, one king-sized room and a twin bedroom. There’s a large family bathroom on the first floor, while on the ground floor, next to the utility room, you’ll find a shower room and a WC.
Mesmear Farmhouse is part of the Mesmear estate, which has been a family business run by Vicki since 2012. Vicki is on hand to answer any questions you may have and offer assistance to make your experience a truly wonderful one.
When you stay at the farmhouse, you can take advantage of the fantastic facilities on the Mesmear estate. From May to October, enjoy the 12-metre outdoor heated swimming pool, complete with sun loungers and parasols. A collection of floats, swimming aids, water pistols and inflatables means there are plenty of toys for your children to enjoy. If you’re looking to relax, take a dip in the seven-seater hot tub, which is available all year round, or pop into the estate’s well-equipped gym, open to guests 24 hours a day.
Meet the resident pigs, Boris, Ginger Gary, Priscilla and Frankie, who love attention. If your children want to pet the pigs they only need to ask. Vicki is in charge of the estate’s friendly feathered friends and always needs help collecting eggs.
A stroll past the animals brings you to the orchard, full of plum, apple and pear trees. If you’re brave enough there’s even a zip wire, which goes from the top of the orchard down to the tree house. Inside the tree house is an air-hockey table and table football, and there’s also an outside seating area.
For those cosy evenings in, the estate has an extensive DVD library for you to browse, or play a little table tennis to wind down after a day exploring the north-Cornish coast.
The Mesmear estate offers you a variety of catering options, from private-dining evenings to fully catered holiday options, as well as the very popular food-to-the-door delivery service.
Mesmear Farmhouse and the wider estate are a haven of tranquillity in the countryside so close to the coast.
- Bedroom one (master) has a super-king bed (can be split into a twin) and an en suite with a shower cubicle.
- Bedroom two has twin beds that can be made into a super king.
- Bedroom three has a king-sized bed.
- Bedroom four has twin beds.
- Well-equipped kitchen with an Aga, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, convection microwave and dining area.
- Spacious lounge.
- Summer garden room/lounge.
- Children’s playroom.
- Large family bathroom with bath and handheld shower.
- Shower room.
- Utility room with feature capped water well.
- Ground-floor WC.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Wood burner and basket of logs.
- A welcome larder of tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Flat-screen TV with Freeview and DVD player (with DVD collection).
- iPod docking station.
- Basket of toys, books and games.
- Box of buckets, spades, crabbing lines, windbreaks and body boards
- Travel cots and highchairs available upon request.
- Larder with an extra fridge to keep your drinks chilled.
- Private patio with both front and rear garden areas.
- Charcoal barbecue (with charcoal starter pack included).
- Outdoor shower.
- Communal outdoor swimming pool (open from 1 May to 1 October).
- Communal hot tub.
- Communal gym.
- Communal orchard, play areas and farm animals.