This Grade II-listed, Georgian-style building lies within 40 acres of private grounds on the Dinham estate, bordering the Camel Estuary. The Coach House makes the ultimate romantic retreat for stolen weekends or the perfect setting for a family getaway in the vast Cornish countryside.
It’s rare to find a holiday home with such a fascinating history. The Coach House is part of the Dinham estate; originally built for Devon landowners in the 1630s as a summer retreat and hunting lodge. As its name implies, the building originally provided shelter for a coach and horses. During the 19th century it was referred to as Dinham Lawns because of the pasture that runs down to the Camel Estuary.
Positioned within the same large courtyard as the grand main house, you will feel part of estate life whilst also enjoying your own privacy. Within a deceptively spacious interior, The Coach House boasts beautifully decorated social spaces. Sunlight floods through the elegant sash windows in the lounge and this tranquil room is perfect for enjoying rest and relaxation after a busy day at the beach.
The newly refurbished kitchen and dining room have stylish slate floors and everything you could need for home-from-home cooking. Sit around the farmhouse dining table and kick-start your day with a delicious breakfast sourced from the local farm shop or deli.
Upstairs, a generous landing opens out to three bedrooms and a modern family bathroom. The king-sized master is romantically decorated with soft carpets, sloped ceilings and crimson and mauve accents. Two further bedrooms provide flexible sleeping arrangements for your party: the cosy single room has a truckle to make a king-sized bed and the delightfully spacious twin room features a double and large single.
The Coach House has a wonderfully private sun terrace and garden. Enjoy your morning coffee on the slate patio with the terraced lawn and beautiful planted beds as your backdrop, surrounded by nothing but the sounds of the countryside. A “Secret Garden”-style red brick wall rises to one side, providing plenty of privacy.
Enjoy the best of both worlds at The Coach House, immersed in picture-perfect countryside with sublime views while being only moments from North Cornwall's best beaches. Guests can also enjoy a selection of the estate's fields and woodland, with the bonus of an early morning stroll along the banks of the estuary or family games in the rolling fields and woodland.
- Bedroom one (master) has a king-sized bed, chest of drawers, built-in double wardrobe, armchair and garden views.
- Bedroom two has a single bed with truckle (can be set up as a single, king or twin) and a double built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom three has a super king-sized zip and link bed (can be made up as two singles) and a queen-sized single bed, chest of drawers, built-in double wardrobe and garden views.
- Well-equipped kitchen with Neff electric induction hob and oven, fridge freezer with water and ice dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- TV and DVD player.
- Netflix subscription.
- Family bathroom with bath and overhead shower.
- Utility room with sink, washer and dryer, two wetsuit hanging rails, separate WC and plenty of storage.
- Phone (on honesty).
- Two cots available on request (can fit in bedroom one and three).
- Outdoor furniture.
- Charcoal barbecue.
- Two parking spaces.
- Access to fields and estuary.
- Basketball hoop on side of house.