Nestled on the banks of the Camel Estuary, Rock is a popular water sports destination where calm waters meet the wide open sea.
Rock is set just across the water from Padstow, sharing its coastal style and relaxed attitude. The main street (the Rock Road) gently curves around the estuary, leading to a variety of waterfront restaurants and shops.
Rock Beach is a vast expanse of golden sand, with tufted dunes on one side and Porthilly Cove (known for its oysters) on the other. The sheltered waters are ideal for sailing, water-skiing and rowing, with the Rock Sailing and Waterski Club located on the pontoon.
Top things to do
- Head onto the Camel Estuary for sailing or water sports.
- Play a round of golf at the St Enodoc Golf Course.
- Get the ferry to Padstow, just a short hop across the estuary.
- See the harvest of oysters and mussels at nearby Porthilly Cove.
- Walk the South West Coast Path to Daymer Bay.
- Enjoy the cuisine at The Dining Room, The Mariners and The Rock Inn.