This lovely old fisherman’s cottage is situated right down on the waterfront with views across the Camel Estuary. Taking its name from the wooden wheel that sits on the whitewashed wall outside, Wheel Cottage is an idyllic base in the heart of Rock.
The open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge has an original fireplace and everything you could need for a cosy evening in. The lounge has comfy sofas and a long picture window, where you can sit and watch the boats riding at anchor or racing in the estuary. After dark, the lights of Padstow shine out across the water.
Wheel Cottage has three charming bedrooms. Each is softly carpeted, with fresh white walls. Painted wooden beams sit above the twin beds and white wooden cupboards provide plenty of storage space for your holiday essentials. Two bathrooms are conveniently located nearby.
To the back of the house is a sunny enclosed courtyard (perfect for dogs), with a lawn and planters up a flight of stairs. Immediately in front of the cottage is a paved area with a wooden bench, ideal for sitting with a lazy breakfast.
Opposite the cottage and across the road, a gate leads onto a green, grassy lawn that sits quite literally on the water’s edge. Chunky wooden railway sleepers provide a wall to one side and a second lower level nearer the water. This a truly unique spot, ideal for picnics and barbecues with a beautiful backdrop.
Wheel Cottage is a perfect romantic retreat for couples, providing a setting for cosy nights in and days exploring the beautiful Cornish countryside. It is also an ideal house for those with dogs, being within easy reach of three dog-friendly beaches: Rock, Porthilly Cove and Daymer Bay.
- Bedroom one (master) has a king-sized bed, built-in cupboards and bedside tables.
- Bedroom two has twin beds, bedside tables, built-in cupboards and small TV.
- Bedroom three has bunk beds and a chest of drawers.
- Well-equipped kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- TV and DVD player.
- Bathroom with bath, shower, hand basin and WC.
- Second bathroom with bath, hand basin and WC.
- Night storage heaters.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer and combined fridge/freezer.
- Phone (on honesty).
- Patio to the front with outside tap.
- Enclosed courtyard to the rear.
- Separate private garden on the water's edge with a grassy lawn and views across the estuary.
- Outdoor furniture.
- Parking for two cars (also close to public car park).