Newly revamped, Polzeath’s coolest restaurant and rum bar on the beach has just reopened its doors for the summer. We catch up with the team and have a peek inside at what’s new…
1. Doubling in size, the restaurant now extends over two floors with a multi-tiered beer garden, additional tables and seating on the sand and three bars.
2. The interiors are vibrant and beachy with a Tiki bar twist and pirate ship flourishes.
3. A new relaxed, coastal menu has been launched that includes a mixture of sharing platters, small plates, sandwiches and mains, all locally sourced or foraged! The clam chowder with homemade fresh bread is our personal fave!
4. Pirates among the group will be in their element with over 100 different rums to choose from behind the bar!
5. The Polzy Zombie is the signature cocktail. Crafted by muddling allspice, golden rum, white rum, spiced rum, grapefruit, lime and bitters, topped with a flaming passionfruit!
6. The majority of the furniture and accessories in the Rum Bar are an eclectic mix of preloved items sourced from clearance yards, auctions, charity shops and car boot sales.
7. The main wooden bar itself came from an old pub in Northern Ireland.
8. Dogs are welcome both inside the restaurant and on the terrace.
9. Now open all year around, you can head on down out of season for a bit of storm watching and cosy up in front of the log fire with a rum cocktail in hand. You can also hire the Rum Bar out of season to host your wedding reception.
10. Throughout the year the team aim to have live vinyl DJ sets every night of the week and acoustic sunset sessions weekly with ‘records and a roast’ running out of season.
Experience the tropical lifestyle this summer and get yourself down to Surfside on the beach. Time flies when you're having rum!
Looking for somewhere to stay nearby?
Win a luxury Polzeath experience
We’ve teamed up with @surfside_polzeath to offer one lucky winner the chance to live the Polzeath lifestyle with up to 10 of their nearest and dearest. Head over to our Instagram page to find out more.